[LINK] Centrelink computers to keep tabs on the dead and flying

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Thu May 10 10:00:10 AEST 2007

Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
> Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
>
>> I think the Child Support Agency is a different mob to Centrelink and
>> are not welfare.
>

> The Child Support Agency is part of the Department of Human Services (as
> are Centrelink and Medicare)
>
> http://www.csa.gov.au/
>
> All three are part of the Access Card project.
>
> All three have also just implemented a single sign on website - myaccount.
>
> <quote>
> The Department of Human Services (DHS) has released a new website,
> myaccount, to make it easier to access social and health related
> services online.
> </quote>
>
> see http://myaccount.humanservices.gov.au/wps/portal/

There seems to be a flaw here.

As I understand it the role of the CSA is to extract alimony from the
non-custodial parent.
Welfare and Medicare would be relevant to the custodial parent. Great
so, not only do they have to worry about the kids, the lack of income
and now they are probably beeing accused of fraud if they don't update
their records with a single signon!

On the other hand, I can see a link between Medicare and CSA as I
understand it the ATO has some role in both these.

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz
http://www.ramin.com.au/