[LINK] Storm Worm Botnet More Powerful Than Top Supercomputers

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Wed Sep 12 16:27:06 AEST 2007

Well, if you're talking about an ADSL or similarly-"reliable" service
you definitely don't want to have your route announcement dependant
on the state of your interface. All it'd take is ten minutes of bouncing
up and down for your subnet to be relatively unreachable, thanks to the
power of BGP dampening.

Of course there are ways around it, but I bet the bulk of your ISPs'
clientbase aren't people with PI space on *DSL tails.

I'd just bite it as a cost for having a PI /24 and include calling
your ISP to remove the announcement during downtime part of your
daily operations.

Adrian