[LINK] IFIP Digital Library

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Tue Aug 19 12:51:28 AEST 2008

On 19/08/2008, at 10:32 AM, Stephen Wilson wrote:

>> ... I reckon that in the 21st Century getting "points" only for
>> presenting work that's "written in words", as opposed to using high-
>> memetic-bandwidth channels which might better convey meaning, is as
>> obsolete as demanding that PhD theses be written in Latin.
>
> Call me old fashioned, but is there any solid research as yet that
> shows
> there is a better way of rigorously conveying difficult, complex
> concepts than via carefully written text?
>
> And if so, was such research presented as text or something else?  ;-)

Well, I did say "might" be better. Still, "a picture is a thousand
words", and I'm sure that in some circumstances a moving image might
convey meaning quite well... humans being visual creatures n'all.

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia