[LINK] Tesltra Home Budget Line and ADSL

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Mon Aug 25 10:53:19 AEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 1:17 AM, Rick Welykochy <rick at praxis.com.au> wrote:

> So, in a nutshell, can I purchase the HLB plan and then get ADSL1
> from a budget ISP? (ADSL2 is not available in the area I am moving to ...
> sigh)

No, you can't.  You used to be able to, but Telstra stopped it late last
year (from memory - might have been this year).  All existing customers were
grandfathered so were allowed to keep their existing setup.

Or if anyone has pointers on how to minimise the cost of a phone line from
> one provider and cheap ADSL1 from another, I am all ears. I *have*
> investigated
> phone+ADSL1 bundles but they seem more expensive.

If you can get it Naked DSL + VOIP works fine with the expected
limitations.  Otherwise you're pretty much out of luck.

  Scott.