[LINK] 'ODF has clearly won,' says Microsoft exec

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Mon Jun 23 20:28:50 AEST 2008

<http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/06/20/odf-clearly-won-microsoft-exec>

"*THE ISO APPROVED* Open Document Format (ODF) standard has gained
ground during Microsoft's campaign for its competing Office Open XML
(OOXML) specification, a senior Vole executive admitted in a panel
session about the long running ISO standards struggle over OOXML at the
Red Hat Summit in Boston on Thursday."
Lulling us into a false sense of security?

..."will also take a role on the technical committee in charge of
evolving ODF"...
Embrace & extend?

--
David Boxall                         | "Cheer up" they said.