[LINK] Strategic misrepresentation

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Wed Mar 19 08:32:00 AEDT 2008

Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
> Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
>
>  > Thought a few on link would share my interest in this concept...
>  > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_misrepresentation>
>
> Like this?
<snip>
> http://www.smh.com.au/news/opinion/governments-sleight-of-hand-not-a-cut-above-rest/2008/03/16/1205602187526.html

No, while tax cuts and interest rates may be of pop interest. It is really the
investment strategies that are the issue. However, as we all know estimating the
cost is problematic [and usually the target of cheap shots]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimism_bias>

Yesterday the NSW government announced a new rail link - great idea! Much better
than the tunnels built over the last few years. The measure is that they deliver
the best system as quickly as possible. Obviously if they go broke in the mean
time, the project would not be finished. Equally, if they can't get the project
to work or  better use of the resources, or the inevitable need for more comes
along, they will need to adjust the investment or requirements.
<http://www.nsw.gov.au/news.asp>

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz