[LINK] Virtual Murder, Real Arrest

Michael Meloni mike at somebodythinkofthechildren.com
Sat Oct 25 11:24:01 AEDT 2008

Jan Whitaker wrote:

> However, I saw a program yesterday on -*cough*- Dr Phil -*cough*
> about cyberbullying that was truly ugly. Xbox players are threatening
> other players. And in Xbox games with webcams, people are parading
> nude and leud in family games like Uno. Microsoft was doing nothing
> to address complaints unless there were 10 registered, and even then
> they did nothing. Phil's office contacted MS with questions as to why
> they were not enforcing their no tolerance policy, and MS saluted and
> said they'd get right on it. I don't know when that program
> originally aired, so I have no info if anything was done.

Microsoft gets patent for real-time f-bomb bleeping
October 20, 2008 - 06:25AM CT

'Back in 2004 Microsoft applied for a patent for real-time censoring of
audio streams <http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060505-6757.html>,
and now the USPTO has granted that patent. '

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20081020-microsoft-gets-patent-for-real-time-f-bomb-bleeping.html

--
http://www.somebodythinkofthechildren.com/
http://www.netalarmed.com/