[LINK] No deal with Yahoo! re Zimbra and Australian non-profits

matthew at sorbs.net matthew at sorbs.net
Tue Oct 28 13:53:00 AEDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: Darrell Burkey <darrell.burkey at anu.edu.au>
Date: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:05 am
Subject: [LINK] No deal with Yahoo! re Zimbra and Australian non-profits

> We work in an environment where companies like MS now give away server
> software and Exchange software to non-profits. This makes
> organisationsbelieve they are getting a great deal so they forge
> ahead not taking in
> to account TCO which typically will end up costing them thousands more
> than running a product like Zimbra on a Linux server.

....and on the subject of Microsoft giving away free servers....

http://www.australianit.news.com.au/story/0,24897,24561082-15306,00.html

My bet is this is only the start... Microsoft also told their investors
that the profits would be up this year regardless of any global
recession... guess we know how they'll do it now.

/ M