[LINK] ArsT: 'Microsoft Word, RIP: 1983 - 2009'

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Tue Aug 4 13:45:50 AEST 2009

On 04/08/2009, at 10:56 AM, Brendan Scott
<brendansweb at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Jan Whitaker wrote:
>>
>> One of the extremely
>> important features we used was to track changes

One of the difficulties I faced as a publisher was in wading through
the hazardous area of document revisions. In my experience, a
hierarchical approach worked best, whereby progressive edits were
handled by more senior editors at each iteration. The oversight of
edits is always frustratingly complex, and there are as many
approaches to this as there are publishing houses.

Wikis don't really come into play here: since it's rare for a team of
editors to work with even responsibilities (though not impossible, of
course)

iT