[LINK] Uncertain future for Satyam and Wikipedia on Corporate Governance

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Fri Feb 6 09:35:49 AEDT 2009

At 11:09 AM 4/02/2009, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
>Uncertain future for Satyam KUMAR PARAKALA, AUSTRALIAN COMPUTER
>SOCIETY... we don't want to claim that we have told so in the past
>... <http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2008/s2478730.htm> ...

But we did tell them so:

# Critical Issues with Outsourcing

     * Transaction Costs
     * Hidden / Additional Costs
     * Lack of Flexibility
     * Loss of Control
     * Human Resource Problems
     * Lock-In, Vulnerability and Dependence:
     * Privacy and Confidentiality
     * Intellectual Property and Competition

This is from the paper prepared for the ACS by Ian Dennis and David
Goble with material from John Houghton and Ed Lewis
<http://www.acs.org.au/president/1997/outsrc/paper.htm>. We then all
fronted up to the Senate Finance and Public Administration Senate
Committee "Inquiry into the Contracting Out of Government Services",
on 5 September 1997 to tell them of the risks with outsourcing.

See "ACS Details IT Outsourcing Problems to Senate Committee":
<http://www.acs.org.au/president/1997/outsrc/outsrcpr.htm>. But I
should have combed my hair, before the photo:
<http://www.acs.org.au/president/1997/outsrc/sensub3.jpg>.

Tom Worthington FACS HLM tom.worthington at tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd            ABN: 17 088 714 309
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617                      http://www.tomw.net.au/
Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Australian National University