[LINK] Pandemic pandemonium

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sun Jun 7 16:50:43 AEST 2009

At 04:26 PM 7/06/2009, David Boxall wrote:
>We all have our ideas about what should happen in emergencies:
>information provision; availability of resources, and so-on. Whether
>swine flu is a pandemic or not, what's happening now gives an indication
>of how we'll fare when one inevitably strikes.

US swine flu cases top 10,000, spread to all 50 states

2 June
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/US-swine-flu-cases-top-10-000--spread-to-all-50-states/470059

Melbourne the swine flu capital of the world

6 June
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25594851-5006785,00.html
11,131 cases in US, 27 dead so far.
MELBOURNE is now the swine-flu capital of the world, with the H1N1
virus twice as prevalent in the Victorian population as it is in
Mexico, where the pandemic began.

I'm not really worried.
Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia