[LINK] Pandemic pandemonium

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Sun Jun 7 20:17:14 AEST 2009

IMHO, the whole swine flu thing is just a normal mutation of the flu
which happens almost continually.  Some mutations have a worse effect
than other.  Perhaps it's been good practise for when a big one hits.

There is a general rule from biology that parasites tend to damage
their host less and less as time goes on.  It's in their interest, if
you like, not to damage their host too much.  For instance a bacterial
disease that kills its host before it can infect others is not going
to go very far.