[LINK] Could Google be wrong?

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Sun Jun 21 11:30:02 AEST 2009

Andy,

Traditionally or for about 5,000 years, (ref: Stonehenge 2800 BC) Winter
has commenced on what astrologers refer to as the winter Solstice.

There are four Solstices every year, which represents the change of
seasons.

Shortest Day is usually the winter solstice in the hemisphere you reside
in.

Today is the shortest day, the winter solstice and therefore the
beginning of winter.

Subsequently There doesn't need to be a "Government" official
determination of the commencement of winter.

Therefore, I would suggest that Google have it right.

Tom