[LINK] Peering Metrics

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Sun Jun 21 16:09:16 AEST 2009

We have developed a new way of measuring P2P activity and consequently
value added to and detracted from the economy, on a global basis.

It involves :

Resources used by storing the file
Resources used by executing per download part file
analysis of the hop count of the download - given by analysing the
sources and the acks on the network
Estimation of the popularity of the file by attributing to each file the
benefit of the resources attached to its presence on the network
Estimation of the cost to the environment

Thought users might be interested.

Is anyone else working any where near this space ?

We should be in a position to publish soon but was hoping for some peer
review.

Tom