[LINK] technical question: security alert

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Fri Mar 6 08:11:36 AEDT 2009

On 05/03/2009, at 11:22 PM, Kim Holburn wrote:

> The first thing that strikes me looking at that is that the source
> port is 6882 and the destination port is what you might call "random"
> which is very odd for an initialisation packet.  It looks more like a
> reply packet or something trying to look like a reply packet.

This encouraged me to look at my router security alert logs for all
port 6882 activity (not that this port alone warrants inspection)
since I bought the router some years ago.

It's possible to spend weeks sifting through the data, and would keep
someone amused for a long time, if they needed that level of amusement
or interest.

But sadly, I'm more interested in knowing why Kim knows about the PI
firm that works for the RIAA...

iT