[LINK] Optus signup form - Popes need not apply

Lea de Groot lealink at viking.org.au
Wed Mar 11 11:53:52 AEDT 2009

On 11/03/2009, at 10:20 AM, Jan Whitaker wrote:

> Another funny one. I lie about my birthdate on websites like Village
> Cinemas, just make sure it makes me an adult by the year. I got a
> birthday email from them this week. My real birthday is in September.
> I was a bit confused by it until I realised that I must have given
> them a March birthdate.

I consistently lie about my birthdate on the internet - I never give
my real birthdate for what I shall largely label 'social sites'
In fact a friend of ours one day mentioned that I really didn't look
my age.
No, I don't look 60 :) Funny that.
(I explained to him)

They all get the same wrong date because they don't need that data,
but I do need to be able to remember what I've told them.
I effectively have an alternate persona for the entire internet.

Lea
--
Lea de Groot
Brisbane, .au