[LINK] ACMA Internet Filter List Leaked

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Thu Mar 19 20:27:37 AEDT 2009

At 18:28 +1100 19/3/09, Barrie Hall wrote:
>I think it might down due to load.

I opined some time back (golly, 4-1/2 years) that P2P was the
sensible architecture to cope with peaked demands:
http://www.rogerclarke.com/EC/P2POview.html#PotApp

It just so happens that it's also the most resilient when under
attack (i.e. comes back fastest).

And, if designed to be, then the most robust as well (i.e. gets lost least).

Those attributes depend on the seekers having some key to search by,
such as the hash of a consistently-named file, in order to locate one
of the new locations of the desired materials.

(Locating a site is a bit different from locating a file).

I wonder if I should have done something about it, rather than just
writing papers explaining what it was people were doing ...

(Put another way, I wonder if, rather than being the fault of ACMA or
the 'real' Senator Conroy, the problem today is my fault.  I'll sleep
on it).

                    Tel: +61 2 6288 1472, and 6288 6916

Visiting Professor in Info Science & Eng  Australian National University
Visiting Professor in the eCommerce Program      University of Hong Kong