[LINK] Rudd Government abandons border security of privacy

Graham Greenleaf graham at austlii.edu.au
Fri Oct 23 16:26:47 AEDT 2009

Hi all (apologies for x-posting),

Australian Policy Online (APO) has published my article 'Rudd
Government abandons border security of privacy', about the
Government's proposals (based on the ALRC) concerning
exports/outsourcing of personal information at
http://www.apo.org.au/commentary/rudd-government-abandons-border-security-privacy

I hope as many people as possible can do their bit to convince the
Government to abandon this lemon of a policy.  The Government has
otherwise made  a reasonable set of choices of what to adopt, and
what to reject, from the ALRC recommendations. This one risks making
the rest of the reforms worthless.

Regards,

Graham
Graham Greenleaf
Professor of Law

Mobile while in Korea, October 2009: 82 (0)10 8659 4537
International Scholar, Kyung-Hee Law School, Seoul, Korea, 2009-10

Faculty of Law, University of New South Wales - Room 224
UNSW SYDNEY NSW 2052  Australia (UNSW CRICOS Provider No: 00098G)
Co-Director, Australasian Legal Information Institute (AustLII)
Co-Director, Cyberspace Law and Policy Centre
Asia-Pacific Editor, Privacy Laws & Business International

E-mail: g.greenleaf at unsw.edu.au or graham at austlii.edu.au
Web Pages -  http://www2.austlii.edu.au/~graham/
Legal Scholarship Network (LSN) pages - http://ssrn.com/author=57970
Tel: +61 2 9385 2233 (UNSW) +61 2 9569 5310 (Home)
Fax: +61 2 9385 1175 (UNSW) Office: Room 224, Law Faculty Building, UNSW