[LINK] Building the Australian National Health Network

Webb, KerryA KerryA.Webb at act.gov.au
Thu Mar 11 09:21:38 AEDT 2010

Roger wrote:

> The fiasco in the Dept of Environment demonstrated the total
> incapacity of federal bureaucrats to run anything more complicated
> than a turkey raffle.  And, even in matters of policy, they're so far
> removed from the real world, and so committed to simple-minded
> centralisation and top-down management, that little that they
> initiate bears fruit.

I think that's a bit harsh.

"Federal bureaucrats" can run damned good turkey raffles, but I think in
time we'll learn that there were a lot of "but Minister" comments to do
with resources and timing, but they were told to press on regardless.

Kerry
(no longer a federal bureaucrat, lo these 14 years)