[LINK] Recent Changes Camp 2011 Canberra

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Fri Jan 28 11:45:59 AEDT 2011

Greetings from Recent Changes Camp 2011: Canberra, at the University of
Canberra, an informal symposium on anything to do with Wikis:
<http://recentchangescamp.org/wiki/Canberra>.

There are 21 of us at the event. About a third are from the university,
most of the others are from other Canberra universities. There are also
some from interstate and overseas.We are in the Learning Commons, Level
2, Building 1 of UoC (just above the refectory). All are welcome to come
and join in the discussion.

The event runs until Sunday afternoon. At present the first session on
"WikiCulture" is under-way. We have three rooms available in the very
new and very well equipped commons, so have space for three sessions. So
far on the agenda are:

Friday:
Wikis for Education/Assessment/ Postgraduate/Wikipedia, Wikis for
Printing/Replace WP, Wikis for Fun, Appropedia.org

Saturday:
Extended WIki Editing/why wikis don;t work/structure in wikis,
Wikitravel/Gender mix (more males use wiki), Key facilitation for
wikis/wikis for non-computer people, Wikis in Vocational Education and
Training/Resources for Education

Sunday
Referencing and appraising scientific literature/Wikinews/More Wiki
Conference, Why isn't Wiki a bigger social platform/Advanced skills/Bots

The hashtag for the day is: #RCC11

I will be blogging at: <http://blog.tomw.net.au/search/label/RCC11>.

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP HLM, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au