[LINK] The Game Begins...

Paul Brooks pbrooks-link at layer10.com.au
Fri Jul 1 15:56:40 AEST 2011

On 1/07/2011 8:25 AM, Jan Whitaker wrote:
> At 06:22 AM 1/07/2011, Richard Chirgwin wrote:
>
>>> 7 Gbps within a 10-meter range
> Pretty soon instead of gardens of bushes, trees and grass, the
> landscape will be covered with transmission towers. I'm sure that'll
> go over well. We haven't heard the anti-mobile tower groups for awhile now.
>
> Jan

At least this will soon eliminate any problems with interference from neighbours. With
a 10 metre range through air, and inability to penetrate walls, glass, or anything
much thicker than a cardboard box, we won't have to worry about channel congestion,
even in a dense apartment block.

We may need at least two access points per room though, to work around  variable
shadowing as people walk around.

(Imagines a grumpy Dad yelling out "shut the windows, kids - you're letting out all
the WiGigs!")

P.