[LINK] Antony Barry shared a link on your Wall.

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Thu May 5 16:16:25 AEST 2011

Linkers

On 05/05/2011, at 1:07 PM, linda rouse wrote:

> Linkers
> For those of you on Facebook, this is a scary email - it's actually a scam - not from Facebook at all but certainly looks like it is! I've received 2 more since from other Facebook people I know. If you click the link you go to another address and a game show app. I backed out at that point. I should have guessed that Tony would not have sent an email like that but thought it might be part of the 'notification'!!
>
> Looks like it's been well and truly hacked...

Ok I was a dill. I don't respond to email notification purporting to come from Facebook as most of them are spam. I just use them to check Facebook to see if they are valid (most obviously are not). I got this message on Facebook from a "friend" (who was an old colleague and friend) and without thinking I thought "gee can you track who is looking at you" and clicked the link. It WAS a Facebook posting  on the wall of my friend that I clicked. As a result it looks like all of my Facebook "friends" have been spammed by this. Some sort of Javascript naughtiness I suspect. Some linkers have made useful suggestions via Facebook and might like to repeat them here if they think appropriate.

I might point out that I find Facebook very useful to keep in touch with many of my relatives and friends in distant parts to pick up on how they are and the events in their life. In particular at my age it is the younger ones I feel more in touch with.

Cheers

Tony
Phone: 02 6241 7659, Mobile: 04 3365 2400, Skype: antonybbarry
Email: tony at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au, antonybbarry at me.com, antonybbarry at gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/people/antonybbarry
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au