[LINK] Telstra scores patent win over Amazon

Philip Argy pargy at argystar.com
Fri May 13 07:49:54 AEST 2011

The 'win' in the Patent Office (not a court) doesn't give Telstra freedom to
operate, and Amazon has 60 days to modify its patent to salvage the valid
claims - a relatively straight forward exercise which will still leave it
with a broader patent here than anywhere else including USA.

I'd be a little more circumspect before claiming a commercial 'win', even
though Telstra's application to invalidate Amazon's 141 patent claims was
technically upheld in respect of around 60 of them.

Philip