[LINK] It's Queensland - (sorry to Qlders)

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Wed May 18 20:06:55 AEST 2011

On 18/05/11 6:06 PM, David Goldstein wrote:
> What's your source for "crime is on the way down" Tom?
Well, the NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics would actually agree.

Over five years, property offenses down, violent crime stable, net
effect: "crime down".

http://www.bocsar.nsw.gov.au/lawlink/bocsar/ll_bocsar.nsf/vwFiles/NSWRecordedCrimeStatisticsDec2010.pdf/$file/NSWRecordedCrimeStatisticsDec2010.pdf

Actually, that's quite startling: stable and falling crime figures in
the presence of a rising population *and* a financial downturn.

Tom's right on this point, and I need to find a crow to eat.

Mirrored in Queensland, as Irene noted.

RC