[LINK] Fuel consumption

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Fri May 27 09:03:18 AEST 2011

On 27/05/2011, at 7:21 AM, Ivan Trundle wrote:

> I thought that the torque profile of the engine would have more to do with it than anything else?
>
> Peak engine efficiency occurs when you've got the highest air and fuel mixture driving the pistons with the maximum force (i.e peak cylinder pressure).

I was assuming you would keep in an appropriate gear to optimise the power output of the engine. Most people opt for too low a gear when increasing speed to maximise their acceleration rather than minimising their power usage.

Tony

Phone: 02 6241 7659, Mobile: 04 3365 2400, Skype: antonybbarry
Email: tony at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au, antonybbarry at me.com, antonybbarry at gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/people/antonybbarry
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au