[LINK] Jobs not all bad

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 20:00:38 AEDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 03:48, Ivan Trundle <ivan at itrundle.com> wrote:
> I remember when Microsoft was the most successful company and it had intellectual capital, brand value

Market cap, yes. Brand value... you mean in accounting terms or
regular-user-appreciation?

I could argue that Microsoft´s public image started going downhill at
the time of the DOJ-Microsoft trial. The "Windows ME" and Vista
fiascos didn´t do much for the firm´s image, either.

I think the tipping point was when Bill Gates was depicted as a
ruthless monopolist that sends a mob to "buy" one of its competitors
on "The Simpsons". I don´t remember a reference to Microsoft as a
monopolist in popular culture before it.

http://www.websimpsons.com/famosos/bill-gates.jpg

Of course there lots of press reports at the time of Microsoft´s
blunders in court, including submitting a falsified videotape in its
defense.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/MICROSOFT+ADMITS+FIRST+TAPE+WAS+PHONEY.-a053874969

FC