[LINK] Jobs not all bad

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Sun Oct 16 21:23:20 AEDT 2011

On 16/10/2011 6:49 PM, Stephen Wilson wrote:

> On 16/10/2011 2:25 PM, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
>> IMHO, Apple sells useful, very stylish devices, that just happens to
>> use IT. In the same way that Coca Cola sells lifestyle, that just
>> happens to use sugared, flavoured water.
> Apple iPads just "happen to use IT"?  Is this a ironic inversion of the
> equally preposterous claims that they are a whole new computing paradigm?
>
> If I despised say JK Rowling, I might say she never wrote a novel, she
> just made a squillion packaging words.

I hope you are not suggesting that I despise Steve Jobs - if you are,
I'd want to know your evidence and reasoning.

My assertion that Job's style is more important than his technology is
just that - a comparison. IMO, people are buying truckloads of Apple
products for reasons of style not technology.

--

Regards
brd

Bernard Robertson-Dunn