[LINK] Is the NBN Ready for Extreme Weather?

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Thu Dec 6 18:59:32 AEDT 2012

At 10:06 AM 6/12/2012, Paul Brooks you wrote:
>Tom - you speak as if the NBN and the mobile phone networks are not
>currently as reliable as the old PSTN is. Do you know of any studies
>which show this?

Does the poor quality of radio based calls (technical, not content)
to talk-back radio provide any evidence you would accept? I don't
think studies are needed -- experience shows that mobiles are not at
the same quality of services as PSTN, and neither are portable phones.

Jan
(who has heard too many drop-outs, screeches, squeals, and dead
silence on calls just when the discussion was getting interesting)

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com