[LINK] Newspeak in the Internet Age

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Mon Dec 17 09:14:54 AEDT 2012

The article in today's Age about the failure of the ITU treaty ended
with this beauty:

"
But Mueller said the diplomatic efforts were complicated by concerns
in some countries -- mainly with "bad" human rights records - who
object to US sanctions that can cut off access to certain internet
services such as those from Google.

"Weird and ironic, in that it is the pro-human rights nations that
are using denial of access to internet services as a form of policy
leverage, and the anti-human rights nations that are claiming a
universal right of internet access," Mueller said.
"

http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/humiliating-failure-confusion-on-internet-future-after-un-treaty-split-20121217-2bi5b.html

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com