[LINK] The myth and the reality of science/tech/eng/maths careers

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Thu Dec 27 11:07:11 AEDT 2012

http://www.theage.com.au/it-pro/business-it/science-the-key-to-control-the-future-google-20121226-2bvn0.html

The article caught my attention because of the guy's title -- Google
ANZ -- I'm thinking, Google bought the bank??!?! No, turns out ANZ is
just short hand for Google in Australia and New Zealand, as if we
were one country. But the article is a pitch for more science/maths
graduates. Then you need to read the comments which expose this as a
fallacy in terms of actual experience. A must read for Linkers.

My favourite last comment:

Will not the NBN create employment in STEM related technologies?
Commenter:
Piggs Mayfly

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia