[LINK] Obama election technology. (It's too quiet.)

Jim Birch planetjim at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 09:55:06 AEDT 2012

Campaigns, however, even Howard Dean's famous 2004 Internet-enabled run at
the Democratic nomination, did not hire a bunch of technologists. Though
they hired a couple, like Clay Johnson, they bought technology from outside
consultants. For 2012, Slaby wanted to change all that. He wanted dozens of
engineers in-house, and he got them.

The real innovation in 2012 is that we had world-class technologists inside
a campaign," Slaby told me. "The traditional technology stuff inside
campaigns had not been at the same level." And yet the technologists, no
matter how good they were, brought a different worldview, set of
personalities, and expectations."

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2012/11/when-the-nerds-go-marching-in/265325/?single_page=true