[LINK] Australian Online Energy Expertise In the Asian Century

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Mon Oct 29 09:49:05 AEDT 2012

Greetings from the ANU Energy Change Institute Open Day at the
Australian National University in Canberra:
http://energy.anu.edu.au/event/october-29th-eci-open-day

Speakers are discussing the technology and policy of how to reduce the
climate change effects of energy production. After lunch I will be
discussing "Cloud computing and energy efficiency":
http://tomw.net.au/technology/it/cloud_computing_energy_efficiency/

One theme which seems to be emerging is responding to Asia's energy
demand. This is timely with the release yesterday of the "Australia in
the Asian Century White Paper" by the Prime Minister:
http://asiancentury.dpmc.gov.au/white-paper

Dr Paul Burke is talking on "Greening Indonesia’s energy". My colleague
Dr Idris F. Sulaiman, is currently working on a green development
project in Indonesia. Next week I will be presenting a seminar on
Teaching Green ICT Online in Indonesia at the Faculty of Science and
Technology, UIN Suska University of Riau:
http://blog.tomw.net.au/2012/10/green-ict-seminar-in-indonesia.html

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au

Adjunct Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science,
Australian National University http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7310/