[LINK] Murchoch's NBN - means-testing Medicare?

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Tue Apr 16 11:07:50 AEST 2013

On 15/04/2013 8:11 PM, Robin Whittle wrote:
> Thanks for your account of this.  I now see the list of 75 changes is:
>

> http://ipa.org.au/publications/2080/be-like-gough-75-radical-ideas-to-transform-australia
>
> It makes me think of Tea Party (or whatever it is now, which is
> different from how some people attempted to start it) style vandalism.
An interesting read. Relevant to Link, only for:
> 69 Immediately halt construction of the National Broadband Network and privatise any sections that have already been built

Telstra won't give us their copper. What a surprise! We can't build our
NBN now. Rupert; wanna buy a cheap network?

The comparison with Whitlam is relevant, only in that an Abbott
government will quickly lose support in the electorate. I agree that:
> ... if Abbott is going to lead that change he only has a tiny window of opportunity to do so. If he hasn't changed Australia in his first year as prime minister, he probably never will.

Flash-and-dash radical politics would suit Abbott's pugnacious
personality. Trouble is, I doubt Abbott has any ideas beyond getting
into power and staying there as long as possible.

Abbott's no Whitlam, nor a Fraser. This is not 1975. Labor today is well
to the Right of Fraser's Liberals. From my perspective, neither of the
major parties has earned government. If Abbott wins, it will be
attributable largely (if not totally) to Murdoch.

Now well off-topic.

And, just in case you're feeling too comfortable:

--
David Boxall                    |  All that is required
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  for good men to do nothing.