[LINK] Brits tap cable in Middle East

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 18:37:38 AEST 2013

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 5:14 AM, Jan Whitaker <jwhit at janwhitaker.com> wrote:
> The British base taps into underwater fibre-optic cables in the
> region, the newspaper said.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Jimmy_Carter_%28SSN-23%29#Ship_history

Do a ctrl-F and search for "splicing chamber" within the text :)

THERE ARE NO SECRETS to quote that great movie, Sneakers*...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105435/?ref_=ttqt_qt_tt

FC
PS: *some funny quotes bc I cant help myself:

Dick Gordon: National Security Agency.
Martin Bishop: Ah. You're the guys I hear breathing on the other end
of my phone.
Dick Gordon: No, that's the FBI. We're not chartered for domestic surveillance.
Martin Bishop: Oh, I see. You just overthrow governments. Set up
friendly dictators.
Dick Gordon: No, that's the CIA. We protect our government's
communications, we try to break the other fella's codes. We're the
good guys, Marty.
Martin Bishop: Gee, I can't tell you what a relief that is... Dick.