[LINK] Australia "15% of payments in cash"

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Wed Oct 2 10:18:25 AEST 2013

At 10:30 PM 1/10/2013, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
>On 1/10/2013 9:32 PM, stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:
> > "The challenge now is educating Australians that small purchases like
> > heading down the road to grab a coffee and a paper can be made with greater
> > convenience by leaving the cash at home," Grobler said.
>
>"The challenge now is educating governments and corporations that small
>electronic payments can leave ruddy great data trails that many people
>think governments and corporations will misuse" Bernard said.

I also have a limit of the number of transactions I can do in a month
before the bank starts charging me for this cashless "privilege".
Plus they are now creaming off 3.5% on the exchange rate plus a fee
to do it, which is barbaric. Even the financial commentators are
criticising this greed.

I've found a possible way around the latter if anyone is interested.
Get in touch offlist.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how
do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer