[LINK] Linked In behaviour

Christopher Vance cjsvance at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 12:39:08 AEDT 2013

On Sunday, 13 October 2013, Jan Whitaker wrote:

> I'm doing some housekeeping re email changing and checking privacy
> settings etc. I just went to LinkedIn and the Account management
> area. One of the choices is to Manage Advertising Preferences. I
> unticked the boxes to receive 3rd party ads, but interestingly, it
> spins and spins but won't save the changes.
>
> I've allowed all scripts and cookies to get through this activity,
> but neither seemed to change the situation.
>
> Does anyone else see this same 'non'-action with this command? Or are
> they just counting on subscribers to get tired of waiting and just
> allow the 3rd party adverts? BTW, I use adblock anyway, so I never
> see the ads anyway, but I just wanted to have a clean set of settings.

I infrequently find that I need to change to another browser for things to
work (not specifically tied to LinkedIn). I haven't diagnosed whether it's
because of things using JavaScript from multiple domains, or something else
I haven't thought of yet.

Why not try whichever of Chrome/Firefox/Safari you're not regularly using.

--
Christopher Vance