[LINK] Robot army

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Wed Jan 22 12:59:11 AEDT 2014

And we thought Drone Wars of the Star Wars type was just science
fiction. Think again.
http://www.theage.com.au/technology/sci-tech/drone-wars-us-army-looks-to-replace-soldiers-with-robots-20140122-hv9ff.html

London: The US army is considering replacing thousands of soldiers
with robots as it adjusts to sweeping troop cuts.

A senior American general has said he is considering reducing the
size of the army's brigade combat teams by a quarter and replacing
some of the lost troops with robots and remote-controlled vehicles.
Ideas under discussion include proposals for manned lorries and
transporters to be replaced by supply trains of robot vehicles.
[snip]

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how
do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer