[LINK] Any one else suffering Adobephobia?

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Tue Jul 14 12:20:53 AEST 2015

On 13/07/15 08:48, I wrote:

> I have Flash installed, but turned off ... Occasionally I need to
> look at something using Flash ... Normally I am disappointed with the
> result: hard to read text and  nonsense video.

Tried to check-in today on-line with China Southern Airlines <
http://www.csair.com/au/en/ >. I was presented with a verification code
displayed with Flash. All I could see were faint random lines, no text
and kept getting "Validation code is incorrect". when I switched from
the Firefox web browser and to Google Chromium a verification code appeared.

This got me a few steps in the process but I still could not check-in as
the CSA system then sends a code to my mobile phone, but assumes I have
a Chinese phone, so the code never arrives.

Perhaps if I was using a smart phone in China, with lots of broadband,
this would be quick and easy, but in Australia on a slow connection to a
laptop it does not work.

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
The Higher Education Whisperer http://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/

Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science,
Australian National University http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7310/