[LINK] Australia Post to lose passport services

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Thu Apr 7 18:35:04 AEST 2016

On 07/04/16 18:20, JanW wrote:
> At 06:15 PM 7/04/2016, Stephen Loosley wrote:
>> Then you pay and wait. Including the ten minute appointment
>> the complete bureaucratic renewal process took maybe 20 painless minutes.
>> With a photo & ID verification I wouldn't know how it could be more efficient.

I was referring to the time saved and convenience of not having to go to
the post office at all. I imagine there are a lot of rural and remote
people for whom that's more than a 5 minute walk.

> My first thought was if the Post isn't going to do it any more, who will take and verify photos?

Post have never taken the photos, you've always had to supply your own.
Why couldn't they be uploaded as part of the application and verified
when the application is checked?

Hamish