[LINK] ABS 2016 Census

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Mon Aug 1 15:17:22 AEST 2016

and so it begins ...

I just got my letter in the letterbox and rang 1300 820 275 to request a
paper form and what do you know "We are experiencing a large demand
which the automated system cannot handle at the moment.  Please call
back later."

If their IVRS cant handle this, will the online data capture facility be
able to on 9 August when umpteen households all try to log in at once?

What does the letter show? A login id xxxx xxxx xxxx associated with my
residential address.  Why do they also need me to supply my name when I
am registered on the electoral roll at this address?  I am sure they
will find me if I fail to provide that information by using what they
already have ie my electoral roll registration.  Why did they not choose
to pre-fill in the name and address corresponding to the login id?  I do
not consent to giving my name information to the ABS nor for their use
of that information for any census purposes, don't my wishes as a
citizen count for anything anymore?

I would have hoped for better from the digitally literate who now are
high enough up in the departments to be able to prevail on others.

but alas it seems not.

sigh

--
Brenda Aynsley
Mobile:+61(0)412 662 988 || Phone:+61(0)8 7127 0107