[LINK] RFI: Census Site Implosion

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Thu Aug 11 11:11:41 AEST 2016

On 11/08/2016 9:26 AM, JanW wrote:
> There is a bit of irony here that the data they want is in order to do
> better planning. If this project is any example of their models for
> general social planning research, is it any wonder we don't have the
> right number of schools, roads, hospitals, and whatever other social
> system we rely on?

Jan,

At least one person agrees with you:

>From a letter in yesterday's SMH

I’m less concerned about the information requested by the census than I
am about governments appearing to ignore it once they have it. Every
time there’s a shortfall in the supply of hospital beds, public
transport or schools and teachers, it astounds me that governments seem
not to have foreseen the need.

Surely the information they gleaned from the last census was to have
informed this forward planning.

Kim Hatherly Gymea

--

Regards