[LINK] Census: OAIC's Vacuous Pseudo-Investigation Report

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Fri Aug 12 14:44:47 AEST 2016

On 12/08/16 13:25, David Boxall wrote:
> On 12/08/2016 12:39 PM, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
>> How did those who completed the census early, including the Prime
>> Minister, know where they would spend that night?
> The lady who delivered my census form (yes, I got one hand-delivered)
> told me that I could lodge at any time from then (the Saturday
> preceding nominal census night). On TV that night or soon after, an
> ABS representative commented that more than 100,000 lodgements had
> already been processed. Lodgement will be accepted up to (I think) 13
> September.

What does lodgement mean? Is that return of the form ie receipt by the
census office?

Odd suggesting to people filling out the paper form that they could do
it ahead of time. The letter to householders informed us Census Night
was August 9.

What is the correct advice? At what point could the online form be
completed?

Marghanita
PS PMs Tweet about completing the census was at 7.15pm on August 9
https://twitter.com/TurnbullMalcolm/status/762940763801989121

--
Marghanita da Cruz
Telephone: 0414-869202