[LINK] Fuel Check website helps drivers find cheap petrol

Antony Barry antonybbarry at me.com
Fri Aug 26 22:29:22 AEST 2016

> On 26 Aug 2016, at 8:07 PM, Stephen Loosley <stephenloosley at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Fuel Check website helps drivers find cheap petrol

I’m 75, closer to 76. I do have car and I try to drive below the speed limit or 85kmph whichever is the lower. In explanation  85kmph is the minimum speed for the top gear. This tends to annoy people on the expressway. Im not unreasonable though as if traffic is heavy I will speed up to 90kmph but then I mostly don’t drive when traffic is heavy. My fuel consumption is almost 20% below the rated figure.

My local shops are only 500 metres away so it is an easy walk. For substantial shopping i have a choice of a number or places all within 5km and for that I used my recumbent tricycle with a 200 watt electric motor (I am a bit of a wimp and need help on hills). I have a trailer which transforms  into a shopping trolly with a drop down wheel.

My parents didn’t need a car and I can see a time when I do not and as will do my grandchildren I hope. But two of my grandchildren already have cars :-(

Back to petrol, I buy around 30 litres a month.

Tony

Phone : 02 6174 4749, Mobile: 04 3365 2400,
Email : antonybbarry at me.com
http://www.facebook.com/people/antonybbarry