[LINK] Robot cars and the fear gap

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Fri Jul 15 09:19:37 AEST 2016

On 13/07/16 15:55, David Boxall wrote:

> ... self-driving vehicles ... whether they're an improvement ...

This week I took part in a Start-up Product Development Workshop run by
the Kiln Incubator at ANU. My team was given the task of digitizing the
driver's license process at the Canberra motor vehicle registry. Rather
than just the usual App, one option was to have an autonomous car act as
a driving instructor. The learner could drive manually, but the car
would take over, if there was danger and record a demerit on the
learner's record. When your driving was good enough the car would issue
with a license to drive a non-autonomous vehicle. ;-)

There are more start-up workshops coming up:
http://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/2016/07/innovation-workshops.html

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
The Higher Education Whisperer http://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/

Adjunct Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science, College of
Engineering & Computer Science, Australian National University
http://people.cecs.anu.edu.au/user/3890 http://orcid.org/0000-0003-4799-8464