[LINK] A non-sensationalist look at Australian internet speeds

JanW jwhit at internode.on.net
Sat Mar 26 08:50:15 AEDT 2016

At 08:16 PM 25/03/2016, David Boxall wrote:

><http://www.smh.com.au/technology/innovation/a-nonsensationalist-look-at-australian-internet-speeds-20160325-gnr0p7.html>

I would just like to know why YouTube vids stop every 5 minutes. It's not my network connection/provider because it doesn't happen with other streaming services like Netflix. It's just Youtube. And of course if Youtube recognises there's a problem and shows me the Internode performance, there is nothing there to indicate it's an Internode problem.

As for speeds -- the avg is because the avg install is ADSL, with its plus or minus 8mbps top speed. If there has been increases month to month as the article says, that is the minor effect of people slowly slowly slowly being added to NBN type services.

Jan

I write books. http://janwhitaker.com/?page_id=8

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Twitter: <https://twitter.com/JL_Whitaker>JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer