[LINK] Off Topic: The Election

Stephen Loosley StephenLoosley at outlook.com
Wed Nov 9 22:51:47 AEDT 2016

Well, that’s a surprise world-wide ... he won.

And if you ask me, despite expectations, Trump did give a gracious and quite upbeat ‘acceptance’ speech. It had none of the bragging and slagging one might expect emanate from a self-absorbed, self-centered nature / personality such as his.

Anyway, not a bad start. And it could be, such a strong desire for recognition may drive him on to Mt Rushmore heights?

Must say though, like you FC I have my doubts.  And .. so must the folk crashing the Canadian immigration site today 😊

“Canada's main immigration website appeared to repeatedly crash today in the lead-up to Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump winning the race for the White House. Users reported seeing an internal server error message when trying to access the website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/

Ref: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-09/canada-immigration-website-crashing/8009988

Cheers,
Stephen