[LINK] Unassigned IPv4 addresses exhausted

Andy Farkas andyf at andyit.com.au
Tue Nov 15 14:11:08 AEDT 2016

On 15/11/2016 12:31, Paul Brooks wrote:
> On 14/11/2016 4:45 PM, Andy Farkas wrote:
>> On 14/11/2016 12:34, Paul Brooks wrote:
>>> As always, we're only waiting on all the major and minor RSPs to provide IPv6-enabled
>>> services, no excuses.
>>>
>> I wonder how the Australian Government Transition to IPv6 is going?
>>
>> http://blog.tomw.net.au/2008/01/australian-government-transition-to.html
>>
>> "Achieving the 2015 target is more important than meeting the interim steps"
>>
>> Tom?
> Andy - here is a progress report as of 2012, currently managed by Dept of Finance...
>
> http://www.ipv6.org.au/summit/talks/JohnHillier_AGIMO_IPv6Summit12.pdf
>
> not too shabby, in terms of planning it would appear.
> Execution leaves much to be desired though, ...

Seems they are finished but didn't really get anywhere (typical govt?):

http://www.finance.gov.au/archive/agimo-archive/ipv6/

"... the majority of the work within agency systems is now completed and
agencies
have plans in place to ensure IPv6 capability is achieved in the near
future.

In early 2014, the former Chief Information Officers Committee and the
Secretaries
ICT Governance Board agreed to the closure of the central whole of
government
oversight of the remaining project activities."

<cynic>Hmmm, wasn't there an election previous to around that time?</cynic>

-andyf