[LINK] ABC2 Becomes ABC Comedy

Stephen Loosley stephenloosley at zoho.com
Tue Oct 31 11:49:06 AEDT 2017

> From	:	ABC YourSpace <support at abcyourspace.net.au
> Subject	:	ABC2 Becomes ABC Comedy
> Date	:	Mon, 30 Oct 2017 12:30:34 +1100

Hello,

We are thrilled to share the news with you that ABC COMEDY is launching on Monday 4 December.

ABC COMEDY is a new brand that spans all ABC platforms. ABC2 will be rebranded as ABC COMEDY as well as being available on ABC iview, ABC listen and across social media platforms including Facebook and YouTube.

The ABC has a long and impressive history of entertaining Australians through iconic comedy and entertainment programs. Whether it’s as a podcast (like Santo, Sam and Ed’s Total Football or Burn Your Passport), a prime time television show (like Gruen, Shaun Micallef's Mad As Hell, The Weekly with Charlie Pickering, Utopia, Black Comedy or Upper Middle Bogan) or short form on iview and social (like The Katering Show and Sammy J’s Playground Politics), Australian audiences love our comedy and entertainment programming and ABC COMEDY is an exciting way deliver more for our audiences.

Comedy also provides a wonderful opportunity for the ABC, as the national broadcaster, to reflect the diversity of contemporary Australia and contribute to our national identity.

We would like to thank all YourSpace members who have helped us understand your opinions on ABC2 over the past year or so. Your contributions helped us develop this new offer.

Thank you!
ABC YourSpace

Australian Broadcasting Corporation
700 Harris Street; Ultimo NSW 2007