[LINK] How will the coronavirus app work?

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Fri Apr 24 10:34:28 AEST 2020

On 23/4/20 10:17 pm, Glen Turner wrote:

> Harry McNally wrote:
>> If the phone has logged that anonymous ID as an exposure then the
>> user is notified by the app to seek testing immediately.
> One of the things we learned during the HIV crisis is that seeking a
> test has to be combined with education, counselling and empathy. This
> argues for government contact tracers being the source of the
> recommendation to be tested.

Hi Glen

Fair point. The two thoughts I have had is that the HIV prospects were 100%
fatality prior to development of treatments (weren't they?) and the
transmission was most likely through sexual contact or drug use.

This virus is different; contact is close proximity for a time although it
still may involve interactions that the person does not want to make known to
others.

Could the app display an immediate personal contact to the tracing health
professional the person needs to speak to ? This could be the tracer
responsible for the follow-up on the ID that has been identified as infected.
So your requirement for tracer contact could still be met.

All the best
Harry