[LINK] RFC: Does CovidSafe Actually Work?

John Mann john at mannfamily.org
Wed Apr 29 19:18:49 AEST 2020

Roger,

I'm concerned about the effectiveness of solving the problem: finding
everyone someone may have given the virus to.

For example, it won't catch:
- infected person A touches a surface, some time later, person B touches
that surface
- an infected cook A touches a food container, that is then couriered by
person C to person B
- an infected runner A coughs, and person B running 5 m (1 second) behind
breathes in
[ I don't know how likely these, or other transmission methods are ]

It may be useful for identifying virus contacts "<1.5m for >15 mins" that
you don't know by name e.g.
  in crowded public transport
  at crowded sporting events
but these aren't allowed yet.  Is COVIDSafe actually not for now, but for
later?

Will we ever be told if COVIDSafe leads to an infected person that wouldn't
be known otherwise?

Is COVIDSafe "Virus Tracing Theatre"
 - compare to "Security Theatre"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_theater ?